PEPID for BlackBerry PlayBook - Improve patient care and efficiency with PEPID. Our fully-integrated clinical and drug reference allows you to seamlessly link from diseases to drug monographs, dosing calculators and more with just a few clicks.
Our free application gives you access to our revered toxicology reference, and our paid applications contain:
-- 2,300 diseases and conditions that are specialty focused for all members of the care team -- 8,500+ drug names that includes trades, OTCs, herbals and supplements -- The most powerful drug interaction checker available -- Weight-based dosing calculators -- Hundreds of medical calculators and scores -- Lab manual -- Much more!
Containing everything you need to make better informed decisions, PEPID saves time and improves care when & where you need it most.
---WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS---
WARNING: This product is intended solely as a reference tool for practicing and experienced healthcare personnel. Laypersons should not rely on any information presented in this database for self-diagnosis or self-treatment, but should ALWAYS consult a physician, go to the nearest emergency room, or contact local emergency medical services for any medical problem. Licensed professionals supplied the information in each chapter. PEPID, LLC has not independently investigated the text supplied by such professionals, however, and cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information contained in the chapter guidelines is not complete and users cannot fully rely on it for treatment or decision-making. Users must therefore rely on their experience and judgment when interpreting any of the information contained herein to an actual patient care situation. In addition, PEPID, LLC urges users to consult additional reference sources and other healthcare professionals concerning treatments presented herein.
Users of this product are strongly cautioned to refer to the treatment and drug prescribing information herein as guidelines only and to:
1. Verify drug dosages, indications, contraindications, and administration protocol with the manufacturer's package inserts and vial labels.
2. Use his or her personal knowledge and experience and other available resources to confirm the appropriateness of any given treatment supplied in this product.
Although PEPID, LLC believes treatments, procedures, or drug dosages to be accurate, PEPID, LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATIONS: Due to space limitations and the design of this product, it is not possible to present detailed explanations or to present alternative treatments or points of view. The reader is therefore cautioned to:
1. Apply his or her medical judgment and experience to determine whether or not recommended treatments, diagnoses or actions are appropriate for any specific patient.
2. Keep current with knowledge in their field of expertise so that he or she is aware of changes in standard treatment and actions.
3. Use other, more detailed sources of information such as standard textbooks, poison control centers, consultants, etc., whenever he or she has any doubt whatsoever with regard to the recommended treatments or information presented.